Friday, August 1, 2008

Lichen Sclerosus

It's been a long time since I thought about the rare disease that I have. I don't actually like to think of it as a disease, but rather a skin disorder.

I'm not contagious, there is no cure, but it is under control if I follow my doctor's instructions. Luckily, there are also websites and support groups for those suffering from this unusual condition. I don't think there's been major drama in my life due to lichen sclerosus but it does sound a lot worse than it really is and perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones that isn't as affected by it as others might be.

If you, or someone you know suffers from this chronic skin disorder, the following websites offer more information:

FOUNDATIONS & SUPPORT GROUPS:
TREATMENTS & MEDICATIONS:


The websites mentioned were found through Organized Wisdom, a human-powered, physician-guided search service for health.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Wow, I've never heard of this. Sounds awful.

HIP_M0M said...

It does sound horrible - and looks horrific if you look at the pics - but it's really not as bad as it seems...trust me!