Monday, August 25, 2008

ADHD

I know little about ADHD other than what media reports about the increase of young people diagnosed with this "disorder." Growing up, I don't think this term was in existence, at least not that I was aware of.

My son is only 4 1/2 and not at risk, I don't think, for ADHD, but it doesn't hurt to be aware of the symptoms and learn a little more about it since, chances are, either he or someone he knows will be diagnosed with ADHD over the coming years.

I discovered a great article this morning, courtesy of Your Total Health, which included some facts that might help parents and teachers that work with young children.
I'd love to hear from readers who have children that have been diagnosed with ADHD or if you are an adult living with ADHD yourself. We all learn from each other so I'd like to know what your biggest challenges have been and what we can learn from your experience.

No comments: