Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dancing My Ass Off

I hardly ever have the TV on. Lately, of course, I've been watching the Olympics and when my son is with me we watch PBS Kids or Nick Jr. on occasion, but other than that, my TV is typically turned off. Alright, I admit, there are a few nights when I stay awake watching BRAVO but seriously, there's nothing I'm committed to watching on a regular basis.

I'm embarrassed to say then, that a few days ago I ended up watching an entire infomercial. The music and the dancing is what stopped me from skipping past the channel. It wasn't until a minute into it that I realized I was watching a paid advertisement but I couldn't stop watching. I was intrigued.

Now, before I share the product with you (yes, I ended up buying it), I do need to remind you of the challenge that I accepted. I haven't purchased new running shoes yet, or a bike, but I seriously need to do something to get back in shape and lose a few pounds (and hopefully one dress size).

You're probably dying to know what product it was that sold me with their infomercial, right? It was one that I had not heard of before and the before & after photos seemed so real that I couldn't help but wonder if this was something that could truly work for me.

Zumba® Fitness is a new program created by Beto Perez. He claims that this program is so effective that you can lose up to a dress size in just 10 days. In fact, he offers a money back guarantee.

This total-body transformation system has been proven to burn up to 1,000 calories per hour! So what's the program and how does it differ from the compeition?

Well, it's meant to make you feel like you're at a party or club with its scorching fusion of world music and spicy dance rhythms. One of my friends has been taking salsa lessons for nearly two months now and has dropped several pounds just by dancing. With my schedule being what it is, I knew that this DVD system that I can do from home or take with me on the road would be the best chance for me to have this same experience.

Alberto "Beto" Perez is from Colombia and is a celebrity fitness trainer and choreographer for international pop superstars. Inspired by the traditional cumbia, salsa, samba and merengue music that he grew up with, Beto paired his favorite pulsating Latin rhythms with the red-hot international dance steps his clients loved.

Along with the DVDs that contain the different programs to introduce cardio into your routine as well as sculpt and tone muscle, the Accelerated Fat Loss program is included as well as toning sticks, which are a combination of weights and maracas that let you make music as you shake your way to a tight, toned body.

My sister has agreed to participate with me this week so in a few days I'll report back with our success stories and hopefully, I'll be able to share with you some before and after pics of my own if I can just stick to it and commit to adding this fun and unique routine - and diet - into my schedule.

No comments: