Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sports & Sex

I'm a huge sports fan, although I can't claim any teams as my own. I'll yell and cheer and jump up and down during hockey, basketball, football, soccer, baseball, beach volleyball, etc.

My son and I cheered on the athletes from the Summer Olympics that recently ended and I'm counting down the days until I'm able to purchase tickets to the 2010 Winter Games in Vancouver (less than 30 days from now!).

If I had known years ago that sex is better for men after their team wins, I'd be more likely to stick around for the post-game celebration (if you know what I mean).

When I visited Las Vegas last year, I made sure to stop by the ESPN Zone gift shop for some souvenirs to bring back home. I bought my son (who was 3 at the time) a T-Shirt that read, "I watch ESPN with my mom!" It's true. My son and I are huge sports fans and we're always watching sports if we're not participating in them ourselves.

I told one of my male friends about the T-Shirt via text messaging and he wrote back to tell me how I was "so going to get laid," because of that shirt. I was so confused. How was my son's shirt going to get me laid?



Apparently, sex and sports go together like salt and pepper, or chips and salsa. Why I'm referring to food here, I have no idea. The point I'm trying to make is that this article makes complete sense, looking back on the relationships I've had in my life. Whether it be friends or lovers, the men who I've enjoyed watching sports with have always been affected by the outcome of the games, psychologically.

Sports are not to be taken lightly, ladies. When a man's team wins, he's happy (and horny). When his team loses - or plays horribly - he's not in the mood for love.

I would imagine this would be similar to a woman's experience after shopping. She's either feeling guilty (and not in the mood) or high from the spending spree and wanting to release some of her energy with her man.

So, here's my idea. Women, if you're not a sports fan, use Monday Night Football as a night to go shopping. Leave your kids with Grandma or heck, take them with you! When it's time to head home, be sure to call your man to find out the results of the game. You may need to take action on your own but you can be sure to head home in the Express Lane if his team has won. He'll be ready to do you some favors once you get home (if you know what I mean).

Go Team!

1 comment:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh my gosh- this is SO TRUE. And I've learned to stay away and be extra careful when the team loses, too... because it's not so happy a time!

Steph