Friday, September 26, 2008

Why Men Marry

I'm feeling it today. The long week and lack of sleep is affecting me and I'm having major writer's block.

I've been scanning articles and blog posts on line all week, trying to gather some inspiration for an original, thoughtful and humorous post. But, I'm afraid I've got nothing.

Writer's block happens to the best of us. Luckily, there's several articles that I did find that not only include great lists (I love lists), but appeal to me as a single woman. I say this because I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for in a man, but I'm pretty sure I'd like to eventually meet a guy comfortable enough to check out the same sites that I do, namely What Men Need to Know and Husbands and Dads.

I'm not saying that guys I meet need to be married with children (seriously), but I do think that there are certain men out there who also want to eventually be in a committed relationship and are looking to meet other men to act as mentors. I appreciate the insight found at Husbands and Dads and of course, the humor found at What Men Need to Know.

If you are a man (or woman) preparing for marriage, or want to confirm the reasons why your married friends are encouraging you to find that special someone, you've found a great resource at the site where it's cool to be a family man.

I was a bit disappointed that Having Sex Wearing Nothing but Socks was not on the list of 15 Things that Guys Do that Drive Women Nuts. Oh well, perhaps I should work on a list of my own.

Oh, and in case anyone's wondering. My "not a date" from last weekend is taking me out for our first date tomorrow evening. I'll have my report Sunday. Now pardon me while I head over to study up on the 10 Surefire First Date Conversation Tips.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about your 1st date.
I loved the blog on Meet and Greet.
Maybe you can use that for a title of a book.
Let me especially know about the funny stuff.
We all need humor in our lives these days.
Grandma Sylvie :)

Anonymous said...

I hate when I get writer's block too. Thanks for linking to our site.

Anthony
Editor, www.ploomy.com