Friday, May 9, 2008

Let's Talk About Sex

Since my son is only four, I haven't felt the need to start worrying - just yet - about the sex talk, but I'm prepared for when the time comes to sit down with him and explain ways in which he can protect himself (and his partner) from not only unwanted pregnancy, but from STDs as well.

Now I'm not going to preach here or share with you my personal beliefs (or experiences) but I will say this: I was a teenager once.

Childhood is much different these days than it was when I was growing up. I'm sure things will change quite a bit more before my son reaches his teen years. Check out this startling new Safe Sex Passport that is meant to be provided to / from partners before sexual activity.

Luckily, there are several resources that will help give him the proper information while allowing him to explore these embarrassing and often-times, difficult questions on his own.

Thanks to the Daily Bedpost, I discovered that today is the National Day to Prevent Teen Pregnancy. Now, I realize that unwanted pregnancy is not something anyone (of any age) wants to deal with, but what about preventing STDs. Isn't that something to be even more concerned with?

Here are just a few sites I've discovered that provide factual information and answer questions many people may have:

No comments: