Thursday, September 20, 2007

Baby Watch

My dear friends are expecting their new baby any minute now. I'm on Baby Watch, officially, as I'm on call to stay with their daughter when they go into labor. I have my bags packed too and I'm anxiously awaiting "the call," continually checking my phone to make sure the ringer is turned on and bringing it with me everywhere I go.

Not that it's unusual for me to have my it nearby, but it's come to the point where my son will say, "Mom, you forgot your phone," if I leave the room momentarily without it.

The big question that we're anxiously waiting to be answered: Will Baby J be a Virgo or Libra?

Zodiac Babies


Being around a new baby is so healing and especially since I enjoy being a mom so much, it's hard for me not to get the yearning for at least one more. Considering my current situation, I realize that I have no time in my life for a major responsibility like a new baby but still, the craving kicked in when I went to pick out clothes for Baby J.

I was touched when I was asked to take care of their daughter during the time they're in the hospital bonding with their new baby boy. I think it's been the biggest honor and greatest compliment, that they would trust me wholeheartedly with their firstborn.

I've had a chance to bond with Big Sister lately so I trust that we will have a wonderful few days while Baby J is preparing to come home. And I can't wait to see the four of them together, this beautiful family that I have been lucky enough to be a part of.

I can just picture them, introducing Baby J to his proud sister and as they circle around the baby, I will slowly make my way to the door so they can enjoy their family time and I can go home to my son and bond with him as I tell him the story of his birth and how truly blessed we are to have one another.

No comments: