- Time's 50 Top 10 Lists of 2007
- About.com's Top Searches of 2007
- The New York Times Ten Best Books of 2007
- Top Ten Gadgets of the Year
- PGA's Top Ten Finishes of 2007
- BookFinder.com's Top Ten Out of Print Books
- WashingtonPost.com's Most Popular Opinions of the Year
- 2007's Top 10 Weirdest USB Drives
- AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2007
- Top Ten Astronomy Pictures of 2007
- Bore Me's Top Ten Viral Videos of 2007
- Wine Spectator's Top 100 Wines of 2007
- National Geographic's Top Ten News Stories of 2007
- MSNBC's Top 10 Films of 2007
- BBC News: Top 10 Artists of 2007
- Foreign Policy: The Top 10 Stories You Missed in 2007
- NPR Music: Best Children's CDs of 2007
- New York City Search: Top 10 Restaurants of 2007
- Fox News: Top Ten Celebrity Meltdowns
- Top Ten Celebrity Mug Shots of 2007
- Money Magazine's Best Places to Live in 2007
- Top Ten Funniest Quotes by Politicians in 2007
- American Institute of Architect's Top Ten Green Projects
- Top Ten Music Videos of 2007
- Glamour's Top Ten College Women 2007
- CNN Money: Best Cars of 2007
- PC World: The 100 Best Products of 2007
- US News: Best Children's Hospitals of 2007
- New York Post: Top 5 Trips
- People Magazine's Best of 2007
- Travel & Leisure: 2007 World's Best Awards
- Business Week: Best Product Design of 2007
- Rolling Stone's Best of 2007
- NPR: Best CDs of 2007
- Esquire Magazine's Best and Brightest of 2007
- Best of 2007: Surfing the Net with Kids
- TreeHugger's Best of 2007
- Library Journal's Best Books of 2007
- Working Mother's 100 Best Companies of 2007
- SPIN.com: The 40 Best Albums of 2007
- Real Estate: The Best and Worst of 2007
- 2007 America's Best Restrooms
- Rotten Tomatoes: Top Movies of 2007
- National Geographic: Best Parks 2007
- ESPN's Horse Racing's Best of 2007
- Parents Magazine: Best Toys of 2007
- Best Books of 2007: Parent & Child's Top Picks
- AAA: Parents 2007 Best Cars for Families
- New York Magazine's Best Parent / Kid Activities
- The New York Times Best Illustrated Children's Books 2007
Monday, December 31, 2007
hat's in the stars for you in 2008? Astrology.com has details on everything from your career prospects to your amorous adventures to the general trends of your life! Find out when you should ask for that promotion, embrace sweet passion or start planning a trip to exotic, faraway lands. Click on your Sun sign below to get started with your 2008 Overview Horoscope -- from there, you'll also find helpful insight into Your Career in 2008 and Your Love Life in 2008.
Here's to a happy and successful New Year!
Sunday, December 30, 2007
Her resolutions can be found in full detail in her latest posting, but here is a quick outline of what she recommends for ways to get ready for a New Year of reading with our young ones:
- Read aloud to your children every day.
- Get a library card.
- Take your children to the library once a week.
- Discuss children's books with your children.
- Take your children to story times, author visits, and other public programs.
- Buy books that you know will interest your child.
- Create a comfortable reading space for your child.
- Visit the websites of favorite authors and illustrators.
- Once a week, cook together using a children's cookbook.
- Buy your children a good dictionary and use it regularly.
Today's his birthday. I have two new books to read with him and I can't wait for our trip to the library later this week so he can bring home his own discoveries from the library.
Thanks to Elizabeth for this wonderful reminder.
He fell asleep on my lap on the airplane the other day. He was completely curled up in a ball and he fit quite nicely in the space between my hips and knees. I couldn't help but think of how difficult it will be in just a few years to get him to sit still long enough for me to hold him that closely.
I count my blessings each and every day. We're happy, healthy and growing to be a more hip family as the days go by. My son's pretty lucky. In fact, I tell him that every day. "Yeah, it's my lucky day," he repeats back to me and smiles.
Those who know him - and love him - are truly the lucky ones.
Saturday, December 29, 2007
According to your score, you are a bit of a hopeless romantic. Rose petals, poignant poetry, tall glasses of wine, touching moments, and sweet words are all loving gestures that you enjoy receiving as well as offering. Romance is fairly important to you, and likely an aspect that you consider fundamental in relationships. Keep in mind however, that problems may arise if you are with someone who really isn’t the romantic type. If you look forward to Valentine's Day to express your love and your partner doesn't even acknowledge it as a special day, you might end up feeling neglected or your efforts unappreciated. Nevertheless, even if your partner isn't as romantically inclined as you are, try to be appreciative of his/her efforts when she/he does try to woo you. Some people aren’t comfortable displaying their affection in screamingly obvious ways, but this doesn’t mean that they don’t care – they simply prefer to be more subtle.
" Romance, like the rabbit at the dog track, is the elusive, fake, and never attained reward which, for the benefit and amusement of our masters, keeps us running and thinking in safe circles. " - Beverly Jones
" When one is in love, one always begins by deceiving oneself, and one always ends by deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance. " - Oscar Wilde
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Tuesday, December 25, 2007
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Friday, December 21, 2007
2. You'll give up some independence.
3. Husbands can't read minds anymore than boyfriends can.
4. You won't be single anymore.
5. You never get to use the "I can't make it, I'm busy" excuse again.
6. Your husband will never take care of you the way your mom did - and vice versa.
7. The "for worse" may come sooner than you expect.
8. You get to share your strengths.
9. The honeymoon phase isn't always sweet.
10. Be prepared to fight for his support.
11. In-laws will show you a side of your husband you would never see on your own.
12. When he does the dishes, you will get turned on.
13. The silliest things will make you fall in love with him all over again.
14. Married men are sexier than single men - when they're married to you!
15. He'll love being married too.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
1. Purple Rain
2. Sleepless in Seattle
3. Forrest Gump (1994)
4. Pulp Fiction (1994)
5. The Graduate (1967)
6. Dead Presidents (1995)
7. Trainspotting (1996)
8. Saturday Night Fever (1977)
9. The Crow (1994)
10. The Big Chill (1983)
11. Rushmore (1998)
12. Natural Born Killers
13. Cruel Intentions
14. Easy Rider
15. The Break Up (2006)
17. Boogie Nights (1997)
18. Dazed and Confused (1993)
19. Almost Famous (2000)
20. The Wedding Singer (1998)
21. Top Gun (1986)
23. Reservoir Dogs
24. City of Angels
25. Twin Peaks (1992)
27. The Virgin Suicides
28. The Royal Tenenbaums (2001)
30. Goodfellas (1990)
31. Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery
32. Pretty in Pink (1986)
33. 8 Mile (Rental)
34. Dirty Dancing
35. Ray (2004)
36. American Gigolo (1980)
37. West Side Story (1961)
38. Riding in Cars With Boys
39. Friday (1996)
40. Walk The Line
41. Laurel Canyon
42. Grease (1978)
43. Garden State
44. High Fidelity
45. Lost Highway (1997)
46. American Beauty
47. Singles (1992)
48. Meet Joe Black (1998)
49. My Life
50. Curious George