Friday, December 14, 2007

Let it Snow

Last week, just a day before I left for Toronto, I drove up to the mountains with my son and my mom for a day of playing in the snow. Since I grew up in Minnesota, having a white winter is something that I not only am used to, but miss since living in Southern California for the past eight years. I've taken my son to see the snow in the past, but now that he's old enough to really enjoy it I thought it'd be the perfect opportunity to spend a snow day with Grandma before we visit her and the rest of our family over Christmas.

Now that I've enjoyed snow with the two people who mean the most to me, I can't help but begin to realize how important these simple pleasures are and how years from now we'll be able to look back on that day as a wonderful family memory to recall.

I recently read somewhere that nearly half of the world's population has never seen snow! They really don't know what they're missing.

Here are a few of my favorite photographic or illustrated books that feature snow:
























Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

No comments: