Sunday, December 30, 2007

Four Years Young

My son turns four today. Everyone tells you - when your baby is first born - how quickly he or she will grow up, but it's not until you experience it for yourself do you truly understand how precious these early years really are.

He fell asleep on my lap on the airplane the other day. He was completely curled up in a ball and he fit quite nicely in the space between my hips and knees. I couldn't help but think of how difficult it will be in just a few years to get him to sit still long enough for me to hold him that closely.

I count my blessings each and every day. We're happy, healthy and growing to be a more hip family as the days go by. My son's pretty lucky. In fact, I tell him that every day. "Yeah, it's my lucky day," he repeats back to me and smiles.

Those who know him - and love him - are truly the lucky ones.

No comments: