Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Michelle Obama

It's no secret that I'm voting for Barack Obama this year but I haven't been very vocal about my opinion of his wife, our future First Lady.

As with every election, the spouse of our Presidential (and Vice-Presidential) nominees are just as scrutinized and judged as the nominee him/herself.

Michelle Obama will have an important role in The White House and I know, from seeing her on TV and reading her blog, that she will live up to that esteemed position and Americans will (and do) look up to her, just as they do the future President, and her husband, Barack Obama.

I received my ballot in the mail today (I'm an absentee voter) and I have never been so excited, so proud and so emotional about an election as I am this year. I will take my time in placing my vote, making sure to follow the instructions to the letter (so my vote doesn't get dismissed) and I will proudly - and impatiently - wait until the ballots are counted, until our country has made their final decision and our new President takes office.

I'm proud to be an American and I'm even more proud that our country generates the type of leaders and representatives that stand up for our rights, uphold our personal freedoms and stand by the words found in the Declaration of Independence:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Now I know that Obama will be getting at least 2 votes. :D