Friday, February 6, 2009

Questions You'd Never Ask Your Parents

Having an open and trusting relationship with our children is a goal that most parents have, but let's be honest. No matter how open and respectful our relationship, there are many subjects that are a little embarrassing for both kids and parents.

I remember my mom telling me (over and over) how I could talk to her about anything and oftentimes I found myself (and still do) sharing too much information. But the fact remains that there were certain questions I had or things I wanted to know about that I just could never bring up with her.

Elisabeth Henderson and Nancy Armstrong put together an amazing book that I plan on purchasing for my son and slipping under his door someday. 100 Questions You'd Never Ask Your Parents answers many questions in thoughtful, simple ways for those curious and developing teens and tweens.



Providing your child with a safe environment to ask questions is a wonderful thing, but for those kids who just can't seem to say some of these things out loud, this book is a must-have. I even suggest that parents buy this book before their children are ready for these topics so that they can come up with ways to answer their children's questions if and when they are asked.

No comments: