Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Book Review - The Four Man Plan


The Four Man Plan:

A Romantic Science

by Cindy Lu

A friend introduced me to the idea behind this book so I had to pick up a copy just to see what the heck she was talking about. I couldn't put it down once I started reading it and interestingly enough, I realized that I've been implementing The Four-Man Plan (with slight modifications) my entire dating career.

Cindy Lu's no scientist. She's not a doctor and she's not a math whiz, either. But one thing that can be said for her is that she is courageous in talking so openly about her past relationships, the mistakes she made along the way, and sharing her discovery that the best way to form a healthy relationship is to be honest, open, and willing to forgive yourself first.

This book will speak to women (or gay men) of all ages and stages: from those of us who have been married before and want to rediscover dating - and how it's done these days - to those who have been single for a long time and no longer want to be alone.

Put your feet up and enjoy your beverage of choice when reading this book. You'll laugh out loud, find yourself nodding in agreement and asking yourself why you ever dated what's-his-name, all while discovering a new way to look at love and relationships with this outrageously inventive way to enjoy dating once again.

www.thefourmanplan.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog and sharing this book with me and my readers! I think dating multiple people at once is a great idea - it keeps things light and fun, without the pressure to decide if this person is "the one."

Anonymous said...

Sounds very interesting.. Totally just added it to my TBR list. :)

HIP_M0M said...

Jen E,

Let me know what you think after reading it!