Wednesday, January 2, 2008

How Diet, Exercise and Weight Control Affect Fertility

In early December, Newsweek published a surprising article on fertility and how it is affected (among men and women) by diet, exercise and weight control.




Since I often think about having another child - someday - I'm highly in tune to the latest research that's out there regarding conception and the challenges that often inhibit couples from making their family complete.

My friends (and I) are in our thirties and it's startling to me how many of them are seeking fertility counseling and are on their second or third installment of in vitro or other interventions to help them conceive.

No matter what the reason may be, maintaining a well-balanced diet and exercising often is important to emotional, physical, and psychological health. One of my New Year's resolutions is to be more active and to be more conscious of what I eat. And if increases my chances of being able to conceive again - eventually - then you bet it'll be worth every step.

No comments: