Thursday, July 23, 2009

Grandparenting

My mom, aka Grandma Sylvie, inspires me and has encouraged my writing ever since I was a little girl. She was the one who told me about the Examiner and told me to apply. I got accepted within a week and have been having a great time writing for them - and making money!

I asked her to put some guest posts together for me so that I can have a grandparent's voice and wisdom of her years of parenting experience to share and include here. She's awesome and continues to inspire me with everything she says and does. Here's her latest:

I worked the gift shop (volunteer work) yesterday and saw a good idea for me to start journaling again. I haven't journaled for about 10 years or longer.

There was a book there called "Simplicity Journal." On each page were the words: Happy, Funny, Heart, Good, Challenge, Learned, and Other Thoughts with enough space next to each word to write one word to a short paragraph.

My words for today are:

Happy
- I am happy that Hip_M0M called me while on her road trip. It was good to talk to her and hear her voice.

Healthy
- I took a walk and walked farther than planned. I saw an old man getting his mail and he told me to keep walking. He wished he could walk but can't. It is amazing how a few words of encouragement can make this 58-year-old body move.

Hip
- I play my favorite music. Right now I am listening to the soundtrack of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

Grandparenting- I look at the grandsons' photos and pray that they are happy and safe.

Take care and keep smiling.

No comments: