Friday, December 26, 2008

First Daughter: Extreme American Makeover

First Daughter: Extreme American Makeover First Daughter: Extreme American Makeover
by
Mitali Perkins

My review

Sameera (aka Sparrow) is the only daughter of Presidential candidate James Righton and his wife, Elizabeth. She just so happens to be adopted and it's her international appeal that creates a stir with the papparazzi who continue to bombard her with ignorant questions about her education, her travels and her upbringing.

So far (I'm 10 chapters in), Sameera is a sophisticated, intelligent and unique young woman who I wish I could've been at her age. She's presented with the challenge of somehow surviving her teen years in front of the cameras during her father's Presidential campaign.

The staff want her to American-ize her image and provide her with a new name (Sammy) and blog that is supposedly written by her.

How will she get through the campaign and which version of herself will ultimately survive? I'm eager to find out just how successful she is with keeping her identity and helping her family win the race to the White House.

View all my reviews

No comments: