Sunday, April 6, 2008

Where Do the Children Play?

Last night, I attended a fund raising event at my son's school. Not only did I meet some great people from the community, but I also had the opportunity to hear some fabulous speakers and meet authors of books that I highly recommend.

The event was entitled PLAY: Creating Space for Imaginative Play in an Over-Scheduled Society. Along with the keynote speakers (Jan Tober, Mallika Chopra and Dr. Anthony DeMaria), they showed the PBS documentary, Where Do the Children Play? which was phenomenal. I highly recommend it to all parents, grandparents, educators and anyone else interested in child development.

I would really like to know where I can send people to see the film for themselves. I've searched at both ShopPBS.Org and the official PBS website but it is so new that it isn't yet available for purchase!

No comments: